Celebrate the 4th in the Live Music Capitol of the World
Independence Day is about celebrating our great nation’s birthday with fantastic music, gorgeous fireworks, and tons of relaxation, and a trip to Austin will check all of those boxes.
Events During 4th of July Weekend
Our downtown hotels are close to the best July 4th events Austin, Texas.
HEB Austin Symphony 41st Annual July 4th Concert & Fireworks
This is the largest 4th of July Austin celebration in the state. Over 100,000 people will attend this traditional firework fair and fest.
- Bring a blanket and a picnic, or claim a comfy, grassy spot on the lawn. Anywhere is the right spot to relax and enjoy watching phenomenal fireworks explode over Lady Bird Lake.
- The event is free to all and comes with a beautiful skyline of Austin and a live symphony playing patriotic classics.
- Don your favorite red, white and blue attire if you wish.
- Plenty of great food and drinks available for purchase, or have a bite at Champions Bar & Grill before heading out. Come earlier to browse numerous wonderful, eclectic local Arts and Crafts vendors.
WHERE: Downtown Austin at Vic Mathias Shores (Formerly Auditorium Shores); just a few blocks from our hotels
WHEN: Tuesday, July 4th, 2017. Local vendors are open at 4:00 p.m. The Austin Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8:30 p.m.; fireworks will start at approximately 9:30 p.m. This event will end around 10 p.m.
Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic
The legendary Willie Nelson is on the road again, hosting one of America’s most beloved, iconic festivals. Party with his star-studded musical guest-friends and usher in the happiness! This is an all-day music event, celebrating America’s birthday, ending with patriotic, magnificent fireworks.
- The event features Willie Nelson & Family, Sheryl Crow, Kacey Musgraves, Jamey Johnson, Steve Earle & The Dukes, Margo Price, Asleep At The Wheel, Turnpike Troubadours, Hayes Carll, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Johnny Bush, Billy Joe Shaver, David Allan Coe, Lukas Nelson & Promise of The Real, Insects vs Robots, Raelyn Nelson Band, Folk Uke, and more surprises.
- Tickets start at $39.50 for General Admission Lawn, $69.50 for Reserved Bowl Seating, and $89 for Pit and Reserved Floor (VIP packages start at $350). Children under 2 years of age enter free.
- Alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Rain or shine, this outdoor show will rock your 4th of July Austin day!
WHERE: Austin 360 Amphitheater, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd., Del Valle, TX, 78617
WHEN: Tuesday, July 4th, 2017. Gates open at 11 a.m. Music starts at 12 p.m.
Save on your visit to Austin with our 4th of July Package!