Explore Austin’s South Congress
Just South of Austin’s Lady Bird Lake, the vibrant shopping and entertainment district known as South Congress (SoCo) slopes down a picturesque avenue to the Texas Capitol. At less than two miles from our downtown hotels, SoCo is the ideal place to spend a sunny Austin afternoon.
This bustling street is lined with restaurants, food trucks, quirky shops, bars, and live music hot spots.
What’s There to Do?
- Sightseeing—This pedestrian-friendly Austin neighborhood has plenty of Instagram-worthy spots like the Austin Motel or the famous “I Love You So Much Mural”
- Shopping—Peruse an array of uniquely Austin stores and funky boutiques.
- Listen to Live Music—Enjoy indoor and outdoor entertainment, daytime or late night.
- Eat and Drink—Choose from a variety of great restaurants and food trucks.
Things to Do in SoCo
Our Downtown Austin hotels are near South Congress where you’ll find all the best places to eat, drink, and have fun.
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar – 1400 S Congress Ave – All-natural and homemade burgers and milkshakes (they also serve beer).
- Botticelli’s – 1321 S Congress Ave – Intimate Italian Trattoria with a beer garden out back. Live music Thursday through Saturday.
- Magnolia Café – 1920 S Congress Ave – Open 24/7, serving breakfast, Tex-Mex, and vegetarian options.
- Jo’s Coffee – 1300 S Congress Ave – This popular java joint is where you’ll find the iconic “I Love You So Much” mural.
- Uncommon Objects – 1512 S Congress Ave – Quirky antique shop selling all-things eccentric, including jewelry, gadgets, toys and more.
- Kendra Scott – 1400 S Congress Ave – Trendy boutique with custom-designed jewelry and accessories.
- Monkey See, Monkey Do! – 1712 S Congress Ave – Interesting collection of toys, novelty gifts, and other knick-knacks.
- Archive Vintage – 1708 S Congress Ave – Find vintage designer items from 1960’s-1990’s.
- Continental Club – 1315 S Congress Ave – Since the 1950’s, this legendary live music venue has gained a reputation for being Austin’s best late-night hot spot.
- Guero’s Garden – 1412 S Congress Ave – Sip a margarita and enjoy free outdoor live music.
- C-Boys Heart and Soul – 2008 S Congress Ave- Classic Soul and R&B onstage, with outside patio and a cozy Japanese-American bar upstairs.
- Continental Club Upstairs – 1313 S Congress Ave – Continental Club’s younger, more casual sister, with a lounge and ping-pong table.