Spend a Day at Lady Bird Lake
Austin has pleasantly warm weather almost all year long, and one of the best places to soak up the sun is Lady Bird Lake, located just a few blocks away from our hotels. This popular attraction offers a variety of fun outdoor activities the whole family will love.
- No motor boats are allowed (over 5 horsepower), so this is a peaceful spot to get inspired by Austin’s gorgeous city landscape while having a respite from urban sightseeing.
- About 10 miles of well-maintained hiking trail surround the lake. Hikers, bikers, and runners love this area
Steps from Our Downtown Austin Hotels
Lady Bird Lake is massive, covering 470 acres in the center of Austin and encompasses a wide variety of things to do.
The Top 10 Things People Enjoy Doing at Lady Bird Lake
- Kayak and canoe.
- Stroll the gorgeous gardens along the shore. This is also a picturesque place for a picnic.
- Rent a rowboat or paddleboats.
- Take a guided boat or bike tour.
- Try stand-up paddle boarding.
- Watch college crew rowing teams from the University of Texas practice. Go ahead and cheer on the Longhorns!
- Go fishing. There’s a limit to how many you can catch and keep, but the lake has carp, sunfish and largemouth bass.
- Cycle. There are many bike rental shops (by the hour or for the entire day).
- Hike, jog or walk. The Hike-and-Bike Trail around Lady Bird Lake is 10 miles long and mostly flat. Plus, since we’re a pet friendly hotel, bring your dog along with you.
- Shop or grab a bite. The trail is walking distance to everything from stores to restaurants in downtown Austin.
Whether in town for a quick getaway at the Courtyard or spending some time in Austin at the Ressidence Inn, our hotels in downtown Austin, TX are conveniently located near Lady Bird Lake; walking distance from all the fun the lake has to offer.