Experience the Best NYE Events in Austin
The New Year is a time for celebration and resolution. Whether you’re drawn to music, dancing, and champagne toasts, or a place with beautiful outdoor spaces and world-class attractions, Austin has it all. Known for its uniqueness (“Keep Austin Weird”) and spirit of creativity, the ATX also offers the ideal retreat for inspiring change.
Check out some of Austin’s top New Year’s Eve parties and things to do, all within walking distance from our hotels:
6th Street Revelry
- Willie Nelson & Family New Year with Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, and Blackberry Smoke
- This three-night event runs from December 29th-31st at 6:30pm, located at ACL Live at the Moody Theater.
- Austin’s hometown musician, Willie Nelson, returns to ring in the New Year in style. Tickets run from $99-$157.
- Austin’s New Year 2018
- Enjoy a family-friendly, alcohol-free event that celebrates Austin’s diversity and creativity.
- The festivities include live music, jugglers, storytellers, fire dancers, and a spectacular firework show.
- The event is located at 900 W Riverside Dr. (on foot, it’s about 15-min. from our downtown Austin hotels.)
Located less than five minutes away from our hotels, 6th Street offers some of the liveliest nightlife in Texas. If you’re looking for live music playing from bar-to-bar enjoy being in the middle of it, then this blocked-off street is the best place to party on New Year’s Eve!
A few of our recommended stops along 6th Street:
A New Year, A New You
- Lux Lounge: Lux is a classy Martini bar and a favorite amongst local hipsters.
- Speakeasy: A three-level nightclub with live music and weekend DJs, roaring 20’s style décor, and a rooftop patio.
- Vulcan Gas Company: A dance club with steampunk-inspired interiors and Funktion-One sound system showcasing local Austin talent. Designed to host today’s most cutting-edge music experience.
- RIO: Two floors of world class hospitality; a sports bar on one floor and a rooftop lounge with a pool and cabanas on the other floor.
Looking to start your New Year’s resolution after a night on the town? Here’s a list of the best healthy restaurants in downtown Austin, all located within minutes from our Marriott hotels.
- True Food Kitchen: Serves health-conscious fare based on an anti-inflammatory diet. Has vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options.
- Leaf: Known for twelve different specialty salads, plus a build-your-own option.
- Casa de Luz: A plant-based restaurant serving 100% organic, vegan, alkalizing, nutrient rich meals that will improve your health. Their kitchen water is fluoride filtered and their meals are all gluten-free.
- The Beer Plant: This vegan gastropub serves up to 40 craft taps along with hearty plant based dishes. Their menu focuses on fermentation; including house made breads, pickled vegetables, and cultured vegan cheeses and butters.
Celebrate with Us
Now that you’ve got your New Year’s Eve plan, don’t forget to make your reservations at our downtown Austin hotels which feature:
- Spacious, Newly Renovated Accommodations
- Premier Amenities
- On-Site Dining (Champions Sports Bar and Restaurant; Starbucks; and 24-hour food and snack market)
- Complimentary High-Speed Internet
Find out about our latest packages here